Booking a 1-2-1 Tuition day with Duncan is a great way to learn away from the fear of failing in front of peers or getting dragged to locations you don't like. These days are structured for you at your timescale, your pace, your level of detail and focus on things you want to learn or focus on to take your photography to the next level.
Duncan offers a full day which starts before sunrise to a chosen location then includes several other locations during the day and a post processing session around lunchtime while the light is not great for photography. It culminates in a location for sunset to encompass all the techniques learnt through the day.
There is also an afternoon to sunset option if that is desireable for you. Obviously a lower number of locations and techniques can be covered and would not include a post processing lesson but it is still a great way to learn hands on at some of the most photogenic locations in the UK.
Cost for 1-2-1 Tuition:
Sunrise to Sunset: October to May: £150 (£50 Deposit)
June to September £200 (£50 Deposit)
Afternoon to Sunset: £90 (£50 Deposit)
- 1-2-1 Tuition
- Transport from agreed meeting location to all venues during the day
- Use of Kase filters and or tripod if required during the day (by prior arrangement)
- Personal or Camera equipment insurance
Typically in winter months these will be a full sunrise to sunset day so will start before sunrise to capture the best light off the day and shoot until beyond sunset. In summer months this would be an excessive long day but Duncan will structure the day depending on what you want and will also take into account tide, weather and access opportunities for the countless superb locations in Dorset. These can include the famous Durdle Door, Lulworth, Kimmeridge, Old Harry Rocks and some locations known to just a few on the Jurassic Coast as well as inland locations such as Corfe Castle.
During the day you will get 1-2-1 guidance on composition, exposure triangle, histograms, choosing the right shutter speed and aperture, using manual settings, long exposures and on the full day 1-2-1 days a post processing lesson during either unsuitable photography weather or lunchtime.
You need to reasonably fit for a lot of the coastal locations but Duncan can structure a day to suit your mobility and fitness levels if this is an issue.
Terms and conditions:
1. The outstanding balance of a workshop or 1-2-1 tuition day is due 21 days prior to the start of the workshop. DTG Photography reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled if the balance is not paid by this time. If a booking is made 21 days or less before the workshop date, then the full amount should be paid at the time of booking.
2. Payment can be made either through this website using PayPal or if you wish to pay by bank transfer then make contact and DTG Photography can provide bank details for payment purposes.
Cancellations and re-arrangements
1. If you cancel up to 14 days before the workshop date, you will receive a refund of your deposit subject to a £25 administration fee. Cancellations between 14 and 7 days before the workshop will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations less than 7 days prior or not arriving on the day less will not be eligible for any refund.
2. Any cancellation must be made by email or phone call.
3. If you wish to re-arrange your 1-2-1 Tuition or move to a future workshop instead for any reason then DTG Photography would be happy to do so provided that you give at least 14 days notice so that your space can be resold.
4. If it is agreed that weather conditions are too bad to carry out your 1-2-1 tuition or extreme/dangerous weather forces the cancellation of a group workshop, DTG Photography will re-arrange a new date with you at no extra charge.
1. Workshops take place on terrain and coastal areas that are sometimes uneven, slippery and rocky. Whilst every care will be taken to ensure that you are aware of the fitness level required for this, you will need to be reasonably fit and wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the season and for spending a day out in the elements;
2. 1-2-1 Tuition agendas will be structured specifically for your fitness and mobility levels
;3. DTG Photography takes no responsibility for accidents, bad weather, acts of God etc. We would highly recommend personal and camera equipment insurance and can put you in touch with suppliers for these if required.
1. Unless otherwise stated accommodation and meals are not provided. You will need to bring a packed lunch and drinks with you on a full day workshop.