Iceland 6 Day Workshop: 7-13 July 2019
A 6 day photography workshop in landscape photographers heaven photographing the stunning southern region of Iceland in the middle of summer where midnight sun means that it never truly gets dark. This is a 6 day workshop or rather 6 night as we will be photographing in the late night and early hours of the morning to capture the best light and locations relatively free from casual tourists.
Duncan will choose the locations for the group to visit and photograph depending on weather conditions and proximity close to the day but these can include:
- Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon
- Diamond Beach
- DC-3 Plane Crash
- Vik Sea Stacks
- Dyrholaey Arch
Each location is magnificent and a great opportunity to photograph the iconic locations as well as some lesser known gems. The actual agenda for the days will remain reasonably flexible so as to best capture the locations in the best light.
A small group of 5 participants will be guided by Duncan on the workshop. Duncan's approach is more intuitive and creative than technical but covers all aspects including:
1 - choosing locations based on tide and weather conditions
2 - equipment choices and keeping your gear dry (useful for waterfalls)
3 - capturing / creating the mood of the location
4 - creating the right composition
5 - getting the right exposure such as shutter speeds, aperture ISO to capture the scene
6 - use of ND (Neutral Density) filters
This workshop will start before sunset and finish after sunrise each night/morning so would involve long nights on location. Therefore we will sleep, rest, eat and travel during these tourist times to enable us to be on location when the light is at its best.
The provisional agenda is as follows:
Saturday 6th July: You arrange for your flight to arrive at Keflavik airport in Iceland and travel to Reykjavik for overnight at a hotel. Duncan can provide suggestions for accommodation if you require.
Sunday 7th July: Meet in Reykjavik in the morning and travel in the group transport to Vik which will be our base for two days (2 nights hotel accommodation) From there we have a multitude of waterfalls and locations to shoot such as The sea stacks at Vik, Gullfoss, Haifoss, Dyrholaey, DC-3 Plane Crash with plenty of time at each location to photograph them properly. Staying at the same hotel for a couple of nights means we don't need to live out of a suitcase and gives an opportunity to dry clothing.
Tuesday 9th July: Travel to Hofn and our base for the next two nights (2 nights hotel accommodation) From there we have a wealth of lesser visited locations and canyons aswell as the famous Vestrahorn and Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon, Diamond beach
Thursday 11th July: Travel back past Vik to a guesthouse near Skogar and our base again for the next two nights (2 nights hotel accommodation) From there we have the opportunity to visit some locations again if weather conditions are more favourable and also some of the coast of the south west of the Island if we wish.
Saturday 13th July: Travel back to Keflavik airport in the morning for your return flights home.
How to book
Make your deposit payment by clicking on the 'buy now' button and follow the payment procedure. This accepts Paypal and credit/debit card payments securely.For further details or alternative payment methods please contact.The balance will be due 28 days before the workshop date.
- experienced landscape photography tuition.
- 6 nights accommodation at hotels or guesthouses on a shared basis in twin rooms. Single occupancy can be arranged as an extra subject to availability.
- transport from hotels to all locations.
- flights to and from Iceland.
- hotel accommodation for the saturday night prior to the workshop starting.
- meals & drinks.
- photographic equipment insurance.
- travel insurance.
Fitness Level Required:
Total Cost: £1900 per person
£300 Deposit required on booking:
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL
Terms and conditions:
1. The outstanding balance of a workshop is due 28 days prior to the start of the workshop. DTG Photography reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled if the balance is not paid by this time. If a booking is made 28 days or less before the workshop date, then the full amount should be paid at the time of booking.
2. Payment can be made either through this website using PayPal or if you wish to pay by bank transfer then contact me and DTG Photography can provide bank details for payment purposes.
Cancellations and re-arrangements
1. If you cancel up to 28 days before the workshop date, you will receive a refund of your deposit subject to a £50 administration fee. Cancellations between 28 and 14 days before the workshop will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations less than 14 days prior or not arriving on the day less will not be eligible for any refund.
2. Any cancellation must be made by email or phone call.
3. If you wish to move to a future workshop instead for any reason then DTG Photography would be happy to do so provided that you give at least 28 days notice so that your space can be resold.
4. If it is agreed that weather conditions are too bad to carry out a workshop or extreme/dangerous weather forces the cancellation of a group workshop, DTG Photography will re-arrange a new date with you at no extra charge.
1. Workshops take place on terrain and coastal areas that are sometimes uneven, slippery and rocky. Whilst every care will be taken to ensure that you are aware of the fitness level required for this, you will need to be reasonably fit and wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the season and for spending a day out in the elements.
1. Unless otherwise stated accommodation and meals / drinks are not provided.