Portugal - Lisbon 3 Day Workshop - June 2020
A stunning 3 day spring photography workshop in the spectacular Sintra region of Portugal near to Lisbon with overnight single occupancy accommodation at a local hotel in the centre of the region.
Duncan will choose the locations for the group to visit and photograph depending on weather and tide conditions close to the day but these can include: Praia da Adraga, Praia da Ursa, Cabo da Roca and many other little known and often secret locations in the area as well as the stunning Vasco Da Gama bridge. Each location is magnificent and a great opportunity to photograph the wild western Portuguese coast and experience the delights of Portuguese culture in and around Lisbon. The actual agenda for the days will remain flexible so as to best capture the locations in the best lighting conditions.
A small group of 4 participants will be guided by Duncan on the workshop. Duncan's approach is more intuitive and creative than technical but covers all aspects including:
1 - choosing locations based on tide, sun and weather conditions
2 - equipment choices
3 - capturing / creating the mood of the location
4 - creating the right composition
5 - getting the right exposure such as shutter speeds, aperture ISO to capture the scene
6 - use of ND (Neutral Density) filters
This workshop will start before sunrise and finish after sunset each day so would involve long days on location. Therefore appropriate clothing (and spare dry clothing) and footwear is strongly recommended. Opportunities will exist to get refreshments during each day.
How to book
Make your deposit payment by clicking on the 'buy now' button and follow the payment procedure. This accepts Paypal and credit/debit card payments securely.For further details or alternative payment methods please contact.The balance will be due 21 days before the workshop date.
- experienced landscape photography tuition
- local Portuguese speaking guide
- accommodation at a local hotel for 2 nights (single occupancy B&B)
- transport from hotel to all locations- some snacks / refreshments
- flights to and from Lisbon
- transport to the hotel prior to the workshop starting
- transport from the hotel after the workshop ends
- evening meals & drinks
- travel insurance
- photographic equipment insurance
Fitness Level Required:
Total Cost: £850 per person
£100 Deposit required on booking:
some of the many locations you could photograph.....
Praia da Adraga
Vasco da Gama Bridge
Praia da Abano
Terms and conditions:
1. The outstanding balance of a workshop is due 28 days prior to the start of the workshop. DTG Photography reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled if the balance is not paid by this time. If a booking is made 28 days or less before the workshop date, then the full amount should be paid at the time of booking.
2. Payment can be made either through this website using PayPal or if you wish to pay by bank transfer then contact me and DTG Photography can provide bank details for payment purposes.
Cancellations and re-arrangements
1. If you cancel up to 14 days before the workshop date, you will receive a refund of your deposit subject to a £50 administration fee. Cancellations between 14 and 7 days before the workshop will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations less than 7 days prior or not arriving on the day less will not be eligible for any refund.
2. Any cancellation must be made by email or phone call.
3. If you wish to move to a future workshop instead for any reason then DTG Photography would be happy to do so provided that you give at least 14 days notice so that your space can be resold.
4. If it is agreed that weather conditions are too bad or extreme/dangerous weather forces the cancellation of a workshop, DTG Photography will re-arrange a new date with you at no extra charge.
1. Workshops take place on terrain and coastal areas that are sometimes uneven, slippery and rocky. Whilst every care will be taken to ensure that you are aware of the fitness level required for this, you will need to be reasonably fit and wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the season and for spending a day out in the elements;
2. DTG Photography takes no responsibility for accidents, bad weather, acts of God etc. We would highly recommend personal and camera equipment insurance and can put you in touch with suppliers for these if required.